The team at Wilcoxon Consulting provides transaction advisory services to both buyers and sellers for small, privately held business transactions. We bring hands on experience to the process of working with buyers and sellers, financial institutions and advisors for both parties.
Acquiring a company or selling a company is by its nature a risk best managed by a professional intermediary. In every assignment there are specific tasks associated with the proposed transaction. All of them involve a number of related disciplines and other professionals such as attorneys, accountants, financial advisors and all of them have specific roles and times of performance. As intermediaries we assist the business owner in all of the aspects necessary to bring about a successful transaction. Among them are:
- Developing the buy/sell strategies based upon the business owners’ individual financial goals and objectives
- Performing business valuations based upon current market conditions to help determine the right price
- Qualifying and finding the right buyers/sellers
- Identifying and contacting potential targets
- Preparing the Offering Memorandum
- Assisting with negotiating strategies and structuring the transaction
- Identifying potential tax issues
- Providing assistance for obtaining financing
- Coordinating the closing process with other advisors, including assisting with the due diligence phase, if requested
Compensation for Wilcoxon Consulting for these services is based upon a retainer fee plus a success fee, payable at the closing.